Thursday, December 13, 2012

Stripey Skirt

I've had a bit of a problem lately that has meant I need to make some new clothes. You see, I've lost 7kg (15lb) over the last 6 months and a lot of my clothes - especially skirts and trousers - are becoming too loose to wear. I know, terrible isn't it?!
Seriously though, I'm loving that I can make clothing that suits my new and improved body shape a little better, so I'm digging out some tutorials that I've been wanting to try out.
I've had some pink and brown striped jersey knit fabric for a little while and decided to make The Hopscotch Skirt using iCandy's tutorial. If you haven't checked out her wonderful tutorials, then definitely take a look. I changed it around slightly as I wasn't a huge fan of the checkerboard look, but otherwise followed the tutorial exactly - and it was so easy.

I love the sash tie on the front, it just adds a bit more cuteness to it.


1 comment:

  1. Great work! And well done on the weight loss! I'll have to check out this tutorial as I'll be needing some skirts for summer, when it finally arrives!

    ReplyDelete