Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Child's Paint Smock

A good friend of mine asked me if I could make her little son a paint smock for when he started school this year. She wanted it to be something fun that he would recognise and love, and also it needed to have his name clearly labelled where the teachers could easily see it.

I set about finding a free pattern for an ideal paint smock, and found this Kid's Art Smock Pattern from Don't Look Now!'s Blog. It not only has a free pattern, but a step-by-step tutorial that is very easy to follow.



The fabric that I used was Robert Kaufman's Robot Factory - this was the one that Master T picked from some of my favourites, and I'm glad he did as I just love it!

And lastly, my husband (Graphic Designer/Signwriter) came up with the idea of printing the name onto iron-on vinyl. I don't think his teacher will have any trouble seeing that!

1 comment:

  1. Increasing the fabric design of your baby dress is good.To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:http://www.weaveron.com/

    ReplyDelete