Monday, February 25, 2013

Madeleine Bag


I'm really excited to share this project with you!

I made this bag for my Mum's birthday and I actually really enjoyed making it, and it turned out perfectly. I used Imagine Gnat's Madeleine Bag Tutorial, which included not only free printable pattern pieces, but really easy to follow instructions. I'd never inserted a magnetic closure, or a zipper pocket, but I breezed through both stages with her amazing mini tutorials.


I used Joel Dewberry's Aviary Fabric in the purple and green. Imagine Gnat actually uses Aviary fabric in her tutorial as well, and I loved it so much that I thought I would go with something similar. I'm so glad I did.

Mum loved it, which made it all worthwhile!


I already have some fabric ordered to make myself one (yes, I loved making it that much!) so keep a lookout for a Madeleine Bag 2.0.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously do LOVE IT!!! I hate using it in case it gets dirty.. but that would be a waste having it as an ornament on a shelf.
    Already thinking of different colours to go with other outfits. Liked by everyone who has seen it.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete